Type of glider: Ventus 2c/18m,

Takeoff location:Air Sailing (US / 11)


Please wait, loading in progress ...

Flight details

Points for the flight 586.97
Points for the flight 517.26
scoring distance 610.4
Speed 118.4 km/h
Duration 05:09:13
Points for the flight 69.70
scoring distance 274.2 km
Speed 51.7 km/h
Duration 05:17:59
Scoring class 18m
Scoring start 19:26:09
Scoring end 00:44:45
Index: 118.0
Club Air Sailing Nevada
Date of claim 04.09.2019 05:32:02
state IGC-File: Flight:

Flight path

Please wait, loading in progress ...
Please wait, loading in progress ...


  • MeetingPoints are shown for Users with Login only.
    Please log in.

TopMeteo - Weather Charts

Please wait, loading in progress ...


Please wait, loading in progress ...
Please wait, loading in progress ...


Good late season day, especially the first half going S which was damn good! Initial leg had good cu that got ridiculously strong by the time I reached the Pinenuts but also started to blow up into showers, virga and hail quite a bit. First 40 miles was good but ended up a bit low past Rawe Peak but found a great climb to get me back up. From there up until turning Boundary Peak it was a great combination of strong climbs, fast dolphining and avoiding showers and riding their outflow. By the time I turned back N there was lots of blow up by Mono Lake, Mt Patterson and it was starting to blow up S of Hawthorne and I toned down the MacCready for the rest of the flight. I decided to go S of Hawthorne as although there were showers there, it was not an impenetrable wall and there was gaps between the showers and virga with decent looking clouds on the other side. Diverted just a bit E towards the closest fair weather cu to load up on altitude before threading the needle between the rain shafts. In between the visible rain shafts I actually still hit a fair bit of precip although I was going up at 2 to 4 knots just dolphining while simultaneously getting drenched. After passing though that I ended up crossing the Wassuk Range from E to W just S of Lucky Boy Pass where good looking cu were waiting for me on the western foothills of the Wassuk, or so I thought. Unfortunately, they actually delivered a fair bit of sink and not much reliable lift and I got down to almost 9k before I found something usable to get back up. The rest of the flight had sparse cus that delivered 4-5 knots and it gradually blued and conditions died as it got into late afternoon. I ran into YS and DRV by Silver Springs and we flew together most of the rest of the way. Ended up getting one last climb by Nexrad and rounding Flanagan before going home where the conditions were blue and the thermals were on their last leg. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt we'll see a day as good as this for the remainder of the 2019 thermal season. Regardless, it was a good day with both strong conditions and on the way back a good challenge.


- noComment -

Autocomment: Automatically determined proposal of OLC (03.09.2019 19:25:52 UTC till 04.09.2019 00:47:41 UTC) was changed manually.


Jonker Sailplanes
Peter H. Braasch
Rent a Glider
M+D Flugzeugbau
Air Avionics
Alexander Schleicher
IMI Gliding
SCHEMPP-HIRTH Flugzeugbau GmbH
Segelflugschule Wasserkuppe
DG Flugzeugbau
TQ Avionics
Deutscher Wetterdienst
Cobra Trailer
LANGE Aviation GmbH
WINTER Instruments