Type of glider: Ventus 2c/18m,

Takeoff location: Moriarty (US / 9)

Map

Please wait, loading in progress ...

Flight details

Points for the flight 476.43
Distance
Points for the flight 421.69
scoring distance 497.6
Speed 102.5 km/h
Duration 04:51:24
Triangle
Points for the flight 54.73
scoring distance 215.3 km
Speed 43.6 km/h
Duration 04:56:15
Scoring class 18m
Scoring start 19:09:09
Scoring end 00:06:22
Index: 118.0
Club Moriarty Soaring
Date of claim 06.09.2020 03:48:34
state IGC-File: Flight:

Flight path

Please wait, loading in progress ...
Please wait, loading in progress ...

MeetingPoints

  • MeetingPoints are shown for Users with Login only.
    Please log in.

TopMeteo - Weather Charts

Please wait, loading in progress ...

Statistics

Please wait, loading in progress ...
Please wait, loading in progress ...

Comment

Challenging day. I launched around 13:00 into mostly blue. There was already some blow up to the N by the Sangre De Cristos and W of Albuquerque, so decided to go SW. It was pretty weak and below 12k until connecting with a nice line of clouds by the Manzanos, but the line only lasted for maybe 20 miles going S. From there to the VLA it was sparse cus. Coming back from the VLA it was pretty weak again and not high with clouds that died right as I reached them and lots of misleading gust thermals that I shouldn't have fallen for. It did get quite a bit better after crossing the Rio Grande when reconnecting with the clouds. At that point though there was a different issue in blow up and virga all over the Manzanos and Estancia valley. I loitered for quite a while on the S edge of it around Willard riding the inflow after hearing 25 knots gusting to 35 on the Moriarty AWOS. I eventually started wondering back N after the AWOS was reporting more manageable winds and flew E of the blowup back home with an extremely conservative altitude reserve. I ended up finding lots of dolphinable lift going back home and not much sink so had tons of leftover altitude which I used for some more OLC distance to a quick out and back to Stanley. I landed just past 18:00 to smooth air and mild winds and an airport that had plenty of puddles. About 45 minutes later as I was tying down for the night, there was N gust front winds from virga about 30 miles further N.

Pilot

- noComment -

Autocomment: Automatically determined proposal of OLC (05.09.2020 19:09:23 UTC till 06.09.2020 00:10:07 UTC) was changed manually.

OLC-Team

IMI Gliding
LXNAV
TQ Avionics
Jonker Sailplanes
Bürklin
Peter H. Braasch
Cobra Trailer
Clouddancers
TopMeteo
M+D Flugzeugbau
Fliegerstrom
WINTER Instruments
SCHEMPP-HIRTH Flugzeugbau GmbH
Rent a Glider
HPH
DG Flugzeugbau
ILEC
Deutscher Wetterdienst
LANGE Aviation GmbH
Segelflugschule Wasserkuppe
Siebert
Bitterwasser
Air Avionics
Alexander Schleicher
binder
Tost
FLIGHT TEAM