Type of glider: Ventus 2c/18m,

Takeoff location: Moriarty (US / 9)


Please wait, loading in progress ...

Flight details

Points for the flight 341.6
Points for the flight 326.85
scoring distance 385.7
Speed 85.9 km/h
Duration 04:29:18
Points for the flight 14.75
scoring distance 58.0 km
Speed 18.8 km/h
Duration 03:05:41
Scoring class 18m
Scoring start 19:16:52
Scoring end 23:46:10
Index: 118.0
Club Moriarty Soaring
Date of claim 20.09.2020 04:26:48
state IGC-File: Flight:

Flight path

Please wait, loading in progress ...
Please wait, loading in progress ...


  • MeetingPoints are shown for Users with Login only.
    Please log in.

TopMeteo - Weather Charts

Please wait, loading in progress ...


Please wait, loading in progress ...
Please wait, loading in progress ...


Nice fall flight with weak conditions early and good conditions late. Most thermals were pretty broken up and uneven. I spent too much time thermalling and especially too much time trying to center uncenteralbe thermals that averaged to no lift at all. Mostly blue with the occasional cloud at 13k-15k bases. Launched around 13:15 and the first half an hour wasn't awful, but had a hard time getting above 9k to get going anywhere. Found the first decent lift a few miles E of Sandia Airpark when connecting with a sparse cu field. The cus unfortunately ended by Ortiz Mine and a I dropped to below 10k before connecting with the soutwestern foothills of the Sangre De Cristos. It was still blue with very squirrely, unreliable thermals but it was an improvement. Unfortunately all the cus were on the E side of the Sangre De Cristos N of Las Vegas. Up north it was incredibly smoky with visibility below 15 miles. I turned Santa Fe Ski Lodge around 15:25 and find a nice climb and headed back S. Conditions were pretty iffy until I got to Ortiz Mine. At that point I connected with the N tip of an awesome well marked energy line (that forms often about 10 miles E of the Sandias and Monzanos) and OLC whored the snot out of it . I got a great climb right there to get me back up and barely circled the rest of the flight. I took that line to the S to the town of Monzano that was about 5 miles past the end of the clouds. I than went N again on the same line up to Cerillos which was a few miles past the end of the cloud street. It was about 17:30 at this point and the energy line was starting to collapse so it was a good time to turn final glide. Final glide did have a 10 knot headwind but I had plenty of altitude and lot of help from the wonderwinds so it was an easy and relatively fast glide home.


- noComment -

Autocomment: Automatically determined proposal of OLC (19.09.2020 19:16:53 UTC till 19.09.2020 23:49:05 UTC) was changed manually.


Peter H. Braasch
TQ Avionics
SCHEMPP-HIRTH Flugzeugbau GmbH
Cobra Trailer
Jonker Sailplanes
Deutscher Wetterdienst
LANGE Aviation GmbH
DG Flugzeugbau
Rent a Glider
IMI Gliding
Air Avionics
M+D Flugzeugbau
WINTER Instruments
Alexander Schleicher
Segelflugschule Wasserkuppe